Happy birthday to Coolibar! As we celebrate our 11th birthday we wanted to take a moment and reflect on our successes over the past year. 2012 has proven to be busier than ever with an updated catalog, exciting new designs and a growing list of customers. As we continue to evolve, know that we are resolute in our commitment to providing the highest quality sun protection. We want families to be healthy while enjoying their time outdoors. We thank you, our customers, for making 2012 a great year!
Highlights from 2012
- Fresh New Designs – The first wave of products from our newest designer, Alicia Pizzo, became available to our customers. Our catalog hit with an exciting mix of new silhouettes and colors for the entire family.
- Launched Sponsored Athlete Program – We called for applications to become a 2012 Coolibar Sponsored Athlete last winter, and we were astounded by the number of responses. There were so many remarkable applications that it was impossible to choose just 5 athletes, so we picked 10. Our athletes have continued to inspire throughout the season.
- First Coolibar Sweepstakes – The first ever Coolibar-sponsored sweepstakes took place this past spring. One lucky winner (and her husband) won a week-long vacation to Honolulu, Hawaii. Coolibar provided airfare, accommodations and $500 worth of Coolibar sunwear.
- Record Shipping Day - Memorial Day weekend was a record-breaker for Coolibar. Our warehouse shipped the greatest number of packages ever for one weekend. With record heat across the country, our customers were preparing for a SunAWARE summer.
- Camp Discovery Donation - Through our outreach program Coolibar Cares, we were able to provide UPF 50+ sun hats to all campers that attended the American Academy of Dermatology’s Camp Discovery for young people with chronic skin conditions. A crew from Coolibar visited Camp Knutson in MN and distrubted Coolibar swim shirts, hats, and goggles.
- Sun Safe Media Coverage - Media coverage on the important role sun protection plays in overall health, anti-aging and skin cancer prevention continued throughout the year. Coolibar had product on the Today Show, in the New York Times, O, the Oprah Magazine, Time.com and on countless blogs. As the public becomes educated on the need for sun protection and the innovative tools to do it, tanning will become a fad of the past.