Flying soon? Whether you’re en route to Grandma’s or a family vacay in Hawaii, you’ll more than likely have to battle the airport during the holiday season, which happens to be the busiest time of the year. The long lines are inevitable, but a few shortcuts can help expedite the travel process. We’ve compiled a list of travel tips so you can relax and focus on the good stuff.
- Travel light. It’s difficult to lug around a heavy suitcase, especially in holiday crowds.
- Pack smart. Bring items that can do double duty. For example, the Coolibar Ruche Water Jacket can protect you while swimming and be a great throw on for touring around town.
- Roll your clothing, don’t fold. Packing your clothing neat and efficiently will save room in your suitcase. Our friends at Momtrends offer up the “clothing sandwich” method.
- Plan your travel day ahead of time to reduce stress and ensure you catch your flight.
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours early. The holiday season is a busy time, which means long lines.
- Watch the weather. Depending on where you live (or are going) weather will be a factor in what you bring.
Traveling with kids
- Bring new toys and books, something that they have never seen before will hold their attention. Tablets are great to play games and watch favorite movies.
- Don’t forget snacks! Use snacks they are familiar with, don’t rely on airport food.
- More tips for traveling with kids.
Beat the heat
- Drink fluids. Just because you aren’t thirsty, doesn’t mean your body doesn’t need water; by the time you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated.
- Prevent sunburn. There are few better ways to ruin a vacation than painful burn! Wear sun protective clothing and a hat and remember to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.
- To beat the heat in style, choose from our new head-to-toe UPF 50+ travel outfits that will take you anywhere.
We want to hear your travel tips! Use #CoolibarVacay to share yours.