The Leathernecks Dragon Boat Team is comprised of former and retired U.S. Marines, whose average age is 66. The slang term “Leatherneck” is used to describe United States Marine Corps members and originated from the leather collar formerly part of the uniform, worn for protection of the neck during sword combat. Many of the team’s members are battling skin cancer in one form or another and spend countless hours training and racing in the sun.
About this blog
Experts and enthusiasts share their
experiences, how-to’s and answers on
healthy sunny living.
- Kris on Your Questions on Sun Protective Clothing Answered
- Sunscreen and Hats - Necessary Evils | Just a Little Further on Elementary Schools Consider No Hat No Play Policy
- KalleyC | Blogging While Nursing on Keeping My Family Sun Safe
- Weather Anchor Mama on Keeping My Family Sun Safe
- Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama on Keeping My Family Sun Safe