The Leathernecks Dragon Boat Team is comprised of former and retired U.S. Marines, whose average age is 66. The slang term “Leatherneck” is used to describe United States Marine Corps members and originated from the leather collar formerly part of the uniform, worn for protection of the neck during sword combat. Many of the team’s members are battling skin cancer in one form or another and spend countless hours training and racing in the sun.
About this blog
Experts and enthusiasts share their
experiences, how-to’s and answers on
healthy sunny living.
- Madeleine Murray on Official Rules for UV Safety Month – Women’s Swim Shirt Giveaway!
- Barbara Abel on Official Rules for UV Safety Month – Women’s Swim Shirt Giveaway!
- Frank on An Athlete Prepares for Summer
- Maile Ostrem on Deadlines! Even in Hawaii, Being a Mom, Teacher & Athlete Requires Planning (and Stamina)
- Brett on An Athlete Prepares for Summer