We’re hiring. Be part of an innovative apparel company that is so much more than just clothing. Our UPF 50+ products (hats, swimwear & clothing) improve the lives of our customers. Our environment is creative, casual and flexible and we’re looking for a full time, permanent Copywriter/Content Developer. Here’s what our employees say.
“Our clothing serves a real purpose, which is truly beneficial for anyone that wears it.”
“The people and management make you feel like you’re an important member of the Coolibar community and listen to your thoughts.”
“Great culture, very inclusive.”
Position Title: Copywriter/Content Developer
About Coolibar: Coolibar is the most recommended and tested sun protective clothing company in the United States. We bring Australia’s world-leading approach to sun protection to the American market by developing and selling UPF50+ fabrics and apparel for active families using multi-channel strategies including direct-to consumer web and catalog sales. Highly customer focused, we pursue continual product innovation and uncompromised quality in a collaborative, creative and fast paced environment.
Principal Responsibilities: This is a full-time position that works across departments including Creative, Merchandising, and Marketing, interacting directly with senior executives as well as with functional teams. Primary responsibilities include oversight and/or execution of all written content that puts forward the Coolibar brand across multiple marketing channels such as product descriptions, promotional copy, interactive and traditional media. The overall goal is to continue development of a clearly articulated brand voice that differentiates and inspires while engaging loyal Coolibar customers.
- Develop, write and keep current all catalog and website product and promotional copy.
- Contribute to development of, and adhere to, brand style guidelines that reflect creative direction.
- Create and execute social media strategies, newsletters, physician letters and collateral materials through effective information gathering and copywriting.
- Research and curate relevant content for the weekly Coolibar Blog.
- Maintain an open dialog on all social sites including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Follow marketing and sun protection industry news.
- Build positive relationships with customers, wellness warriors, sponsored athletes, physicians and organizations to generate social content.
- Provide additional support for tradeshows and events (travel may be required).
- Act as a team player: complete miscellaneous and administrative assignments such as web site maintenance, merchandising updates and executive support as needed.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Four year college degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field required or equivalent experience/education.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience with diverse portfolio.
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Working comprehension of HTML required.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop and experience with WordPress experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience with CW Serenade or FRY commerce platform a plus, but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to lead and/or motivate others.
- Friendly, self-motivated, goal-oriented, professional and creative.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently, manage levels of priority, meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in hours and schedule, including occasional weekends and some travel.
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume to email@example.com.