The Children’s Melanoma Prevention Foundation (CMPF) began delivering skin cancer prevention education to school children in 2003. Maryellen Maguire-Eisen, an oncology/dermatology nurse practitioner, founded the organization to help children better understand UV intensity and utilize sun protection as most skin cancers are preventable and easily treated when detected early. CMPF’s SunAWARE Program provides a specialized curriculum for students in grades K – 12.
About this blog
Experts and enthusiasts share their
experiences, how-to’s and answers on
healthy sunny living.
- Valerie Stewart, Coolibar Athlete on A Rower’s Day in SoCal
- Frank on An Athlete Prepares for Summer
- Maile Ostrem on Deadlines! Even in Hawaii, Being a Mom, Teacher & Athlete Requires Planning (and Stamina)
- Brett on An Athlete Prepares for Summer
- Jitendrapal Singh Kundan on An Athlete Prepares for Summer