The Children’s Melanoma Prevention Foundation (CMPF) began delivering skin cancer prevention education to school children in 2003. Maryellen Maguire-Eisen, an oncology/dermatology nurse practitioner, founded the organization to help children better understand UV intensity and utilize sun protection as most skin cancers are preventable and easily treated when detected early. CMPF’s SunAWARE Program provides a specialized curriculum for students in grades K – 12.
About this blog
Experts and enthusiasts share their
experiences, how-to’s and answers on
healthy sunny living.
- Valerie Stewart, Coolibar Athlete on A Rower’s Day in SoCal
- Madeleine Murray on Official Rules for UV Safety Month – Women’s Swim Shirt Giveaway!
- Barbara Abel on Official Rules for UV Safety Month – Women’s Swim Shirt Giveaway!
- Frank on An Athlete Prepares for Summer
- Maile Ostrem on Deadlines! Even in Hawaii, Being a Mom, Teacher & Athlete Requires Planning (and Stamina)