The Children’s Melanoma Prevention Foundation (CMPF) began delivering skin cancer prevention education to school children in 2003. Maryellen Maguire-Eisen, an oncology/dermatology nurse practitioner, founded the organization to help children better understand UV intensity and utilize sun protection as most skin cancers are preventable and easily treated when detected early. CMPF’s SunAWARE Program provides a specialized curriculum for students in grades K – 12.
About this blog
Experts and enthusiasts share their
experiences, how-to’s and answers on
healthy sunny living.
- Kris on Your Questions on Sun Protective Clothing Answered
- Sunscreen and Hats - Necessary Evils | Just a Little Further on Elementary Schools Consider No Hat No Play Policy
- KalleyC | Blogging While Nursing on Keeping My Family Sun Safe
- Weather Anchor Mama on Keeping My Family Sun Safe
- Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama on Keeping My Family Sun Safe