On Sunday, October 9, 2011, Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill making California the first state to prohibit minors from using tanning beds. This raises the question, should teens be able to decide whether or not to use tanning beds? According to Aim at Melanoma Foundation, using a tanning bed before the age of 20 doubles a person’s risk of developing melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer. Even more staggering is that 28 million individuals in the U.S. use tanning beds each year despite the statistics, which includes 2.3 million teens.
About this blog
Experts and enthusiasts share their
experiences, how-to’s and answers on
healthy sunny living.
- Kris on Your Questions on Sun Protective Clothing Answered
- Sunscreen and Hats - Necessary Evils | Just a Little Further on Elementary Schools Consider No Hat No Play Policy
- KalleyC | Blogging While Nursing on Keeping My Family Sun Safe
- Weather Anchor Mama on Keeping My Family Sun Safe
- Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama on Keeping My Family Sun Safe