On Sunday, October 9, 2011, Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill making California the first state to prohibit minors from using tanning beds. This raises the question, should teens be able to decide whether or not to use tanning beds? According to Aim at Melanoma Foundation, using a tanning bed before the age of 20 doubles a person’s risk of developing melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer. Even more staggering is that 28 million individuals in the U.S. use tanning beds each year despite the statistics, which includes 2.3 million teens.
About this blog
Experts and enthusiasts share their
experiences, how-to’s and answers on
healthy sunny living.
- Joel Schneider on Coolibar President and Founder John Barrow is an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Winner in the Upper Midwest
- ladams on It’s All in the Fabric – Coolibar SUNTECT
- Sun Safety | RUhealthycampus on Sun Safety for Junior Sailors
- deep on It’s All in the Fabric – Coolibar SUNTECT
- Brett Cease on Lessons from Thin Air: Training at Altitude