Happy Halloween! For kids, Halloween night is one of the best nights of the year. You get to transform yourself into someone or something else and go door to door asking for candy (and it’s acceptable behavior). When it’s over, you get to count, organize and trade candy with your friends.
Kids and parents alike want a fun and safe evening. These simple tips will ensure a safe and fun Halloween night for everyone.
1. Plan your route ahead of time – Avoid long paths by mapping out a route before leaving the house. Stick to paths that you and your child are familiar with to avoid getting lost.
2. Wear comfy shoes – Blisters beware. Make sure you and your children are in comfortable, well-fitting shoes. You could be covering many blocks by foot.
3. Stay well lit – Apply reflective tape to your child’s costume to ensure they are seen by drivers on the road, carry a flashlight or use the light on your smart phone to guide the way.
4. Avoid masks – Masks make it hard to breath. Use non-toxic makeup or face paint instead.
5. Check your candy – When sorting through candy at the end of the night, be sure to throw away any candy that is not in its original wrapper, or looks as though it has been opened.
Have a safe, fun & Happy Halloween from all of us at Coolibar!